We can make compressed knitted wire mesh spring washers by die-compressing given amounts of knitted wire mesh into a wide range of shapes, sizes, densities and varied resiliencies.
Many materials are also available. Stainless steel is a popular material. So we also call needed wire mesh washers as
- stainless steel knitted wire mesh washer
- stainless steel wire mesh compressed gasket
- knitted stainless steel wire mesh gaskets
- 304 stainless steel open cell foam filter
They are seamless gaskets, normally with a square, rectangular or round cross section.
Specifications of compressed knitted wire mesh washers
Material: We can produce knitted mesh compressed gaskets and washers in a wide range of materials.
- For example, Stainless Steel (304, 316, 316L, 430, etc), Monel, Aluminum, Copper, etc.
- These include common metals and some special metals to suit different requirements. So by proper selection of the material, wire mesh washers can provide vibration or shock control in corrosive atmospheres or at ultra-high or cryogenic temperatures, as well as radioactive, dirty, oily, and other extreme conditions.
Wire diameter: 0.15mm, 0.23mm, 0.25mm, 0.28mm, etc.
Shape and Size: We can manufacture all metal compressed wire mesh gaskets into many different shapes, sizes, thicknesses as needed.
- Common forms are bushings, rings, cylinders, squares and rectangles. But almost any shape is possible by forming knitted mesh using a compression tool / die.
- By changing properties of a design, such as shape, size, wire diameter, material, density, there will be a huge impact on the overall performance of the compressed knitted wire mesh. And then these compressed mesh gaskets will be suitable for different applications. For instance,
- rings for bearing dampers
- bushings for suspension components
- cylinders for shock pads.
Density: To suit different applications, knitted wire mesh in a compressed form is normally made in different densities. By varying the volume / weight of the stocking knitted wire mesh inserted into the compression die, the density of compressed knitted wire mesh washers discs will be varied. And then the spring rate / resilience and load capability will be changed. Usually, low density compressed wire mesh gaskets will be softer. However, high density compressed wire mesh gaskets will be stiffer and will be able to withstand much higher loads.
- If you have no ideas about the requirement of density, specifying the weight per unit is also ok.
- A seamless gasket with a variety of materials, shapes (available as rings, rectangles and special shapes), sizes, thicknesses, densities.
- High Load Capability. It distributes Load Evenly. No distortion set under sustained loads.
- Excellent vibration damping, vibration isolation, shock absorption. Rapid elimination of shock without damaging rebound.
- Wide temperature range. Heat resistance and Cold resistance.
- Acoustic noise reduction
- Excellent filtering accuracy. Can be used as airbag filters
- Air purification filters of various machinery and equipment
- Liquid filtration
- Particle retention
- Oil-gas separation
- High mechanical strength
- Resistant to oil, dust, salt water, etc
Applications of compressed knitted wire mesh washers
With the addition of knitted wire anti vibration mesh components, radiated sound caused by vibrations can be cured, and then vibration levels in machines and engines will be minimized. And then we can protect delicate equipment.
- Engine mounts of cars, trucks, marine engines, motors, and aircraft components
- Vibration pads for Machinery, floating slabs and pipes
- Bumper pads for Pneumatic tube systems, ball screws, and steering columns
- Mounts for Electronics, tubing, hydraulics, aircraft and marine
- Exhaust Systems of Catalytic converter monolith supports, exhaust pipe hangers
- Sealing, damping (shocking proof), silencers and exhaust gas purification components of auto parts;
Compressed knitted wire mesh washers are also suitable for extreme temperature environments or other hostile operating conditions (fuels, oils, chemicals, sunlight, etc). For example, Industrial microwave oven doors, Flame arrestors and heat seals, etc. Because wire mesh washers can accommodate thermal expansion, provide thermal insulation (the gaps between the wires reduce heat transfer). In addition, compressed mesh gaskets can also withstand extreme cold.
We can also use compressed knitted wire meshes as EMI/RFI wire mesh grounding washers. Because it is suitable for applications requiring small round, rectangular or other shapes EMI seals. In addition, we can also use wire mesh washers when we require a high density mesh for EMI shielding. It can provide EMI shielding in microwave ovens, CCTV, connectors, shaft seals, wave-guides, waveguide choke flanges, shafts or small housings.