Knotted Type Stainless Steel Cable Mesh and Ferrule Type Cable Mesh
Flexible stainless steel cable mesh is a kind of pure hand woven mesh. From the name, we can know that the mesh is made of high-quality and robust stainless steel cables. To connect two adjacent ropes together and form a diamond mesh, there are some different ways. We mainly manufacture two types of them. They are stainless steel knotted rope mesh and stainless steel ferrule rope mesh. We can also easily get something from their names. For example, both of them are made up from cables. Besides, their combination methods of cables are different.
- For stainless steel knotted cable mesh, to form the rhombus mesh and ensure the holes never variant, we need to create knots by interweaving two parallel ropes twice.
- About ferrule type cable mesh, stainless steel cables are neither knotted nor crossed. They will lie parallel in pairs, and then we will use metal ferrules to fix them.
No matter stainless steel knotted wire mesh or cable ferrule mesh, they can ensure the size of the mesh aperture will not change.
Similarities and Differences
In addition to the processing methods, we also compared these two types of stainless steel cable meshes from other aspects. So if you want to know more things about their similarities and differences, just check the following details.
- Both flexible stainless steel knotted cable mesh and ferrule rope mesh are a kind of diamond mesh because they both have rhombic openings.
- Knotted type cable mesh has almost the same physical properties with ferrule type cable mesh, if the material of them are the same as each other. Please do not worry that we also have ferrules with the same material as the rope.
- Stainless steel sleeveless wire rope mesh is more stable than sleeved steel rope mesh. Because ferrules may be loosen or broken when facing huge impacts. And that will cause the mesh deformation. However, stainless steel knotted cable mesh performs well and will not deform except the cables are broken. So it is relatively more robust and durable.
- For the same area, the same rope diameter, the same mesh opening size, the weight of them is different. Because for stainless steel ferrule mesh, we join two neighboring ropes by metal ferrules. It increases the weight of the mesh. But for stainless steel knotted rope mesh, there is no need for extra ferrule, and just cables go through each other. So the unit weight of the ferrule mesh is heavier.
- There are some things related to weight, such as installation, transportation.
- The heavier the weight, the more difficult the installation.
- The lighter the weight, the lower the transportation cost.
- Consequently, if we produce these two kinds of stainless steel rope mesh netting with the same specifications, stainless steel knotted rope mesh is relatively easier to install, and its shipping cost is cheaper.
Specifications of Stainless Steel Cable Mesh
We can provide quotes more exactly after specifying the following details.
The most common raw materials of X-Tend mesh are high quality stainless steel 304, 316, 316L with high strength and toughness.
304 | 316 | 316L stainless steel chemical composition by weight (%)
|AISI/SAE steel grades||Cr|
304, 316 and 316L are also referred to as:
|Euronorm (EN) number||AISI/SAE steel grades||UNS||JIS||Also known as|
|1.4301||304||S30400||SUS304||SS304 | T-304 | A2 stainless steel | 18/8 stainless steel (18% chromium, 8% nickel)|
|1.4401||316||S31600||SUS316||SS316 | T-316 | marine grade stainless steel|
|1.4404||316L||S31603||SUS316L||SS316L | T-316L | A4 stainless steel | marine grade stainless steel|
The stainless steel cables are made with multiple cores twisted together. 7×7 and 7×19 are the most common rope structures. If needed, we can also supply stainless steel rope in 1×7 and 1×19 structures.
Common cable diameter:
- 3/64″, 1/16″, 5/64″, 3/32″, 1/8″, 5/32″
- 1.2mm, 1.6mm, 2.0mm, 2.4mm, 3.2mm, 4.0mm
According to the usage environment, we can figure out which wire rope diameter is better. Because the wire diameter is related to the maximum force value of the single wire rope in the mesh. So if stainless steel cable netting needs to withstand heavy loads and impacts, more thicker cable wires may be a better choice. For example, when we use stainless steel rope nets as zoo mesh, 3.2mm diameter is suitable for large animals. We can use 2.0mm and 2.4mm diameter for some medium-sized animals or large birds. 1.6mm is enough for large birds and small animals because X-Tend cable mesh does not need to possess extremely high load capacity.
Mesh width is the distance from the center of one ferrule to the center of the next ferrule. Or it refers to the distance from centre to centre of the knot.
Common hole size:
- 0.8″×0.8″, 1″×1″, 1.2″×1.2″, 1.5″×1.5″, 2″×2″, 2.4″×2.4″, 3″×3″, 3.6″×3.6″, 4″×4″, 5″×5″, 6″×6″.
- 20mm×20mm, 25mm×25mm, 30mm×30mm, 38mm×38mm, 51mm×51mm, 60mm×60mm, 76mm×76mm, 90mm×90mm, 102mm×102mm, 127mm×127mm, 152mm×152mm.
The opening size is usually determined by the purpose of the stainless steel wire rope mesh and the size of the animals or objects that the mesh will work for. For example, we can use it to decorate, to protect, to keep animals in captivity, to stop animals, etc.
Mesh Opening Angles
Usually, if there are no special requirements about mesh opening angles, we assume that 60 degrees is acceptable. Sometimes, clients may need stainless steel cable nets with 90° angle. We can also customize it according to your requirement.
Applications of Stainless Steel Cable Mesh
Thanks to the advantages we will talk about below, the potential applications for flexible stainless steel rope mesh are exceptionally varied both indoors and outdoors. Here we mainly introduce some of them.
- Stainless steel cable mesh is suitable for zoo enclosure mesh, especially for fierce animals such as lions and tigers which have sharp teeth and claws. Because it has a high breaking resistant force, tensile strength. Even when facing attacks from them, it can also maintain stability. At the same time, X-Tend cable mesh displays excellent cushioning and elasticity ability. So it will not cause any harm to the animal.
- Balustrade infills are an important and diverse field of application for flexible stainless steel rope mesh. Firstly because it provides good flexibility, almost any kind of the railing can be covered with the mesh perfectly. Secondly, its weight is light, so it will give the building less burden. Thirdly, it can serve as fall protection.
- When we use stainless steel rope nets as slope protection rope mesh, it can prevent rocks from falling onto the roads, expressways, railways and other structures. So it can ensure the safety of pedestrians and passengers. At the same time, trains and vehicles can go forward safely.
- When we install X-Tend stainless steel cable net around the helicopter landing deck, it can reduce the risk during the course of helicopter landing.
Characteristic of Stainless Steel X-Tend Cable Mesh
Stainless steel rope mesh a multipurpose net for various venues. Thanks to the processing method, there are almost no limits to the design.
- Firstly, we can customize wire diameter and opening size based on the customers’ requirement. The wire diameter can range from 1.0 mm to 4.0 mm and opening size can range from 20 mm x 20 mm to 300 mm x 300 mm.
- Secondly, the shape and size of the panel can also be customized according to the usage scene. No matter round, square, parallelogram or irregular shape stainless steel cable net. How large, how small the mesh panel size. We can supply all of these. So it will match the usage environment perfectly. That will also make the installation of the project easier and faster.
We can install flexible wire rope mesh in almost all complex terrain and irregular space.
- Firstly because it can not only form a plane surface but can also be tensioned into a three-dimensional form featuring funnel-like, cylindrical or spherical surfaces.
- Secondly because we can stretch, bunch and twist it to fit the underlying structure, without compromising either strength, security, or other features. This characteristic also benefits the packing and shipping because we can roll stainless steel wire cable mesh into small packages.
In daily life, safety plays an important role, and we face various safety and protection measures everywhere. Proven in projects worldwide, stainless steel wire rope net is a good solution for many safety problems. For example,
- When we use it as bridge railings, it can effectively minimize potential fall accidents. It not only prevent people and cars from falling into the water, but also provide an additional protection against suicide.
- When it is installed as a stadium fence mesh, it can protect spectators from damage by fast running balls.
- When we build it in the zoo, it creates a safe environment for the animals and visitors because it can separate animals effectively. So tourists can enjoy the animals at a close distance free of danger.
Our stainless steel cable mesh is soft to touch, and will not hurt your hands. If we use it as animal enclosure mesh, it will also protect birds feather and animal skin from being damaged.
Stainless steel rope mesh netting possessing high strength and extremely high load capacity. The structure is simple but strong enough to bear heavy snow, rain, gale and other kinds of heavy loads and impacts.
High Resistance to Breaking, Good Toughness and Strong Tensile Strength
Therefore, we can arbitrarily curve and fold stainless steel X-Tend cable mesh.
Good Elasticity, Presents Strong Cushioning Power
The elastic contact surface can well protect the safety of many species on land, in the air, indoors or outdoors.
Stainless steel wire rope mesh produces minimum obstruction to the vision. When we watch at a distance, it can be integrated with the surrounding environment and is easier to be ignored by us. So it offers almost uninterrupted views, and also gives the public a better view from different angles. Moreover, when we use flexible stainless steel cable mesh as zoo mesh, it gives the animals a free living environment because they almost feel no sense of bondage.
Besides, the diamond-shaped structure allows enough light to enter, and also allows strong airflow.
The X-tend mesh style, diamond-shaped holes, their clean and simple lines create a sleek and modern aesthetic.
Light in Weight
It brings many advantages. For instance,
- Having a lower shipping cost.
- Making the installation easier.
- It will not place an additional burden on the building.
Corrosion and Weather Resistant
Stainless steel rope net resistant to corrosion and rust, and also possesses good UV and weather resistance. It is not easy to rust and to corrode in a wide range of environments. For example, in a humid environment, in rain, snow, fog, sunlight. Even under severe environmental conditions, It can also perform well.
X-Tend stainless steel cable mesh has a long service life owing to its great environment resistance. We can use it for more than 30 years if there is no accident. Meanwhile, It can keep the original color and shape many years later.
There is basically no need for maintenance and repair, significantly reducing operating costs. Therefore, if you buy wire rope mesh, it saves the budget in the long term.
Why Choose Us to Manufacture Stainless Steel X-Tend Cable Mesh?
Firstly, we are a manufacturing factory. Just need to show us your design, and then we can produce X-Tend mesh.
Secondly, factory prices can be provided. At the same time, if you need us to arrange the transportation to your side, it is also acceptable.
Thirdly, quality control.
- Using a raw material test machine to choose high quality stainless steel material for you.
- Measuring rope diameter by vernier caliper, micrometer or others.
- Testing mesh width by tape measure, ruler.
Fourth, the best after-sales. If you have any questions about the installation or other things, please feel free to contact us.